HG Zaku II Type C - "The Origin"
This third gunpla really showed off how much the newer kits can achieve. Instead of the three-ish plates I was used to, this one came with ten or so.
The build, however, was still quick and painless (minus a few issues with the gun-holding hand and the shield snapping together) and looks absolutely gorgeous. This was also my most cohesive attempt at detailing, outlined below.
The axe was hand-painted.
- black and grey gundam markers for panel-lining
- testors dullcote top coat
- pastel shading
- sponged acrylic paint (dark grey and silver) for weathering and chipping
- heated screw for battle damage
- hand-painted acrylics for axe glow
- final top coat
Brighter photo for more detail: